20.6.08

reply...

to what's been said in a observation:

first point: are they 'appeasing' all the share holders? no.

second: define 'social change'. is it to make it easier for poor people to get a house, and then when interest rates change, and they can't afford it to foreclose? chalk that one up to good 'o bill.

is 'social change' to tax the hell out of everybody so we are all on an 'equal playing field'?

'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness'

i can't smoke in a public areas anymore. why?

food with saturated fat is being taken away. why?

these things are deemed un-healthy, so now we make laws against them.

where's my choice to choose?

we are unable to drill for oil, because we might upset a bear. meanwhile gas prices are on the rise [in reference to my first point...are you o.k. with the shareholders of the oil companies? that's business.]

we have a politician telling us that the 'planet has a fever.' a politician. i don't trust anything a politician tells me...do you? [hey did you know that gullible isn't in the dictionary?]

'equal playing field' -what do i mean...well...we are born into this society. this capitalistic society. there is wealth out there...go get it. adam smith and the 'wealth of nations'.

or do you prefer a different 'equal playing field'? one where my money (which i have worked hard for) goes to some lazy bastard who doesn't want to work. who believes that everybody in the world owes him something? maybe you'd prefer a different book. where everybody is 'equal'. where everybody has the same. where the government takes away all private utilities. where the government runs everything, and you don't have to worry. you don't have to make a choice, because there is no choice to be had. try this for a read; because this is what the democratic party is preaching. just listen.

i believe in the constitution. i don't believe that the government is there to wipe my ass when i can't reach it. i do believe the government is there to protect me, as a citizen. to allow me my freedoms. lassie fair.

maybe you want to be your brothers keeper. not me. i am no one's moral police.

[amitabha...]

2 comments:

Wa said...

"i do believe the government is there to protect me, as a citizen. to allow me my freedoms."

And I believe that my freedoms are better protected by the Democratic party's agenda as opposed to the Republican party's agenda. While there are extremes on both sides, I prefer liberal bleeding heart tree-huggers motivated by compassion as opposed to fire and brimstone Christian conservatives smugly secure in their own righteousness.

Unknown said...

Wow. Can we just tip a good single malt and call it even?