25.3.09

after a few...

adult beverages tonight, and some painting that needs to get done soon; i'm wondering why the music of today sucks a big fat baby's butt? really. why? why does it suck so bad? even the stuff that i listen to that has come out...say; in the last ten years, really isn't that good.

i'm listen to a bunch of queen stuff, and not the 'greatest hits' stuff...i'm just jumping around to songs and albums, and it's all good. and i really don't think that you are able to make an argument against the first two albums. at all. none.

the music. the passion of mercury. wow. amazing.

when musicians cared about making good music. passionate music. not the dollar...the music.

shit...what am i going to do with my daughter? i guess, i'll just have to raise her right; on a steady diet of slayer, queen, cash, who else...; but those are good starts...

amitabha...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with you about Queen. About music in the last 10 years--no. Yes, there is a lot of crap out there, but that has always been true. You just have to dig a little deeper to find the good stuff now. It is still there and always will be.

hamad said...

yeah, there's good; but is there Queen?

Unknown said...

Only time will tell for sure. Off the top of my head two from the last ten years that I think are every bit as good as any of Queen's regular albums: In Absentia by Porcupine Tree and American Idiot by Green Day. Both cds from first song to last are great. Of course that is just my opinion...

Wa said...

I agree with Joe that only time will tell. I mean would you know a new "Queen" if you saw them/heard them? I mean they couldn't obviously sound like Queen...because well that's been done. 2 big bands off the top of my head would be Radiohead and Coldplay. It'd be easy to dismiss them out of hand esp. if they aren't to one's taste... But they pack them in the seats and get respect, both popular and critical.

My own humble submission would be The Decemberists. Though I can't say I love The Hazards of Love unconditionally I find the rest of their output fascinating and engaging on multiple levels. Not as rawly passionate as Freddie, but passionate and intelligent nonetheless...and also not everybody's cup of tea...